Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: Poll says Ramnath, Moonilal favoured

Basdeo Panday and UNC MP's have done the right thing in discounting the recent poll. On the surface one can be misled to believe that the poll was conducted in a highly academic manner. I lshare the views of the Leader of the Opposition and UNC MP's in questioning the integrity of the poll.

Firstly, the number of people polled is surprisingly low. My Professors at the University of Tennessee were surprised to learn that way below four hundred people were interviewed from that large body of electorate. This is not the way to conduct a survey of this sort. It is an embarassment to Statisticians everywhere.

No credible information was presented to the public about the type of questions asked and the manner in which the pollstars carried out their interviews. To be blunt, this was a grand display of "backwardness, and non-thinking" I've seen in quite a while.

It appears to be that the polls were designed to elicit a particular response. The present Administration knows that the only strong political figure in Trinidad and Tobago who can intimidate them is Basdeo Panday.

It is quite clear that this government is totally unable to govern Trinidad at this time. Trinidad and Tobago is returning to the days prior the NAR election victory. The stage is being set however for another government to serve the people.

Messages In This Thread

Panday discounts NACTA poll
Poll says Ramnath, Moonilal favoured
Re: Poll says Ramnath, Moonilal favoured
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com