Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

terrorist

I take this opportunity to Express my profound disppaointment with ambassador at large John Donaldson with regards to his recent visit to new York. John D as we called him in his hey day held a town meeting at Medgar Evers College on Friday night to talk about the said issue. However he brought nothing substantial to the table and in the end the few patrons who attended left no more informed about the issue of terrorism. In fact John D almost side stepped the issue and only when pressed by yours truly did he try to shed some light on the issue emphasizing as if we didnot know that terrorism is different to crime.
John D failed to take on Panday ( i understand Knowlson Gift did quite a job in London)or account for his party's relationship with the Jamat a group branded a terrorist organization, nor did he bring us up to date on the so called terrorist lab in South.
What he did is try to pass off some dubious facts, " Trinidad has the lowest crime rate per capita among Tourist destination", this is the first time I heard of that. However I should have asked him since when is tourism that important to us nationals abroad especially in the face of recent reports about the largest natural gas find in TnT and the boast of his comrades that TnT is now witnessing a major shift in the economy from oil to natural gas.
John D also cut a rosy picture of "single digit"
unemployment for the first time in a long time. Again one wonders what have the PNM done in just over a year to generate such massive employment, or, should the UNC who held the fort for six years should be given any credit.
Of course a few nationals many of whom more PNMites that conscientious objective Trinis, truly to the bone, lappedup what he had to offer, but in the end I was still in the dark about terrorism in TnT.

Messages In This Thread

terrorist
Re: terrorist
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com