Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Terror lab report 'very suspect' says IRO head

By CAROL MATROO, Guardian TT

PRESIDENT of the Inter-Religious Organisation, Bro Noble Khan, has expressed surprise that there is an alleged terrorist organisation in T&T which has claimed to be manufacturing chemical and biological weapons.

A report in the Sunday Express newspaper claimed that the weapons, manufactured by a group of local radical Muslims, were to be used against US and British citizens, if "provoked".

The reporter of the story also claimed to have been blindfolded and taken to a "secret lab" where the lethal "weapons" are concocted.

"This is the first time I am hearing of this (terrorist lab)," Khan said.
He added: "I am not giving the story any creditability. What is being alleged is 'unislamic'."

Khan said he could not tell if there was any credence to the report, adding that it was "very suspect".

"One would think that a paper such as the Express which has a wide readership would approach such a report with some level of responsibility," he said.

Khan added there was no mention of the name of the alleged terrorist group.

"I think that people in Trinidad and Tobago are aware of the Muslim community and the contribution they have made.

"They are fully aware that the fundamental Muslims would not condone this type of action," Khan said.

Attempts to contact Security Minister Howard Chin Lee and Police Commissioner Hilton Guy on the issue were futile.

Muslim sect leader cautious

BY ROBERT CLARKE

The self-proclaimed leader of Waajihatul Islaamiyah (Islamic Front) yesterday refused to deny bomb and chemical weapon making capability.

"I don't want to say anything. I have to be careful now more than ever. Next thing they make a raid on me," said Umar Abdullah when asked if he has the ability to produce explosives and the will to use them.

"This thing that I am a terrorist. I don't consider myself a terrorist," he added, reiterating statements made to the Sunday Mirror.

A man claiming to be a representative of Waajihatul Islaamiyah has once telephoned the Guardian threatening US and British interests in T&T if the US attacks Iraq. Abdullah later denied knowledge of the call.

In an interview, Abdullah said he knew nothing of a front page story in a daily newspaper yesterday telling of a blindfolded journey to a room where a man claimed to be producing explosives and toxins.

"I don't want to discuss anything like that at all, at all," said Abdullah. "I have to see the article."

No group or individual was named in the newspaper report.
Abdullah was willing, however, to speak about the proposed minimum wage increase and the rise in the price of flour. He called the moves "giving with one hand and taking back with the next".

He also juxtaposed Government's $48 million Carnival budget with the "miserable death" of a child who could not get an MRI scan.

Messages In This Thread

Islamic group unveils secret 'chemical labs'
Re: Islamic group unveils secret 'chemical labs'
Terror lab report 'very suspect' says IRO head
'Security' moves to counter terror threat
EDITORIAL: Politics of paranoia *LINK*
Re: Islamic group unveils secret 'chemical labs'
LAB FOUND!!!!!!!!
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com