Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Rich kid rampaged and shot dead

By Robert Alonzo, Guardian TT

A deranged teenager who was shot and killed by police at the prestigious International School of Port-of-Spain yesterday afternoon, left a suicide note in which he said he chose the school because he wanted to kill "faggots".

Phillip Seerattan, 17, shot security guard William Ramnarine in front of the school's reception office and then ran into the compound and terrorised a teacher and students.

Seerattan, who police said was on a suicide mission, also fired several shots which had students and teachers scampering for safety.

He was not a student of the school.

Investigating officers fear Seerattan's actions may be copied and have increased patrols at other high-profile, private schools, including the Canadian Maple Leaf School in Alyce Glen. The International School will remain closed today.

Seerattan, of 3, Mt Anne Drive, Cascade, was shot in the head. In the suicide note found in his pants pocket, he cursed blacks and gays.

Ramnarine, 31, who was shot in the jaw and thigh, was in stable condition at St Clair Medical Centre up to last night.

In the letter, Seerattan said he "wanted to die" and that he "wanted to do this all my life".

"By now I should be dead, if I am not, that means a lot of other people are. Ha, ha," the note read.

Seerattan also said: "I hate blacks so much.

"I am not going to reveal any more secrets, I am taking it all to hell with me thanks to all you fags I have to die angry but I will still smile."

Acting Police Commissioner Everad Snaggs said initial investigations are that Seerattan entered the school around 2.50 pm with his father's loaded gun.

Police said he was dropped at the school by a relative in his father's Audi.

Snaggs said Seerattan approached Ramnarine, who was one of two guards on duty, saying he was going into the school to collect his Scholastic Aptitude Test results.

Seerattan argued with Ramnarine and pulled out the gun and fired five shots.

Ramnarine called his colleague Anthony Ralph for help. Ralph escaped unhurt.

Seerattan then ran into the computer room brandishing the gun and shouting at teachers.

A source said during the incident, Seerattan called his sister on a cellular telling her he was going to commit suicide. He also told her he was at the school.

Teachers called the police and officers from the St James CID and Four Roads responded.

Snaggs said when the police arrived they were shot at. He said the officers returned fire, hitting Seerattan in the head.

Both Seerattan and Ramnarine were rushed to the St Clair facility.
Investigating officers said they were told by one of Seerattan's relatives he was a troubled young man.

Senior officers said they are to interview Seerattan's father sometime today to ascertain how he was able to get hold of the firearm.

Messages In This Thread

Rich kid rampaged and shot dead
Seerattan killed by multiple gunshot wounds
My son was crying for help
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com