Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Plight of a true Trini

As I sit and contemplate the up coming elections, the parties, the candidates and more so the choice of candidates in my electoral district, I become more and more frustrated with the realisation that my vote does not count, not in the slightest, and there is very little that I can do about it.

You see I am a middle class Trinidadian. I am not Indian, African, Syrian, Chinese, French Creole, I am a Trinidadian, third generation, and I have seen the slipping of our society over the years. Slipping caused by the racial tension created by power hungry politicians.

Hence my frustration, as I cannot for the life of me justify the casting of a ballot for the candidate of either of the two major parties, and a vote for any other candidate is wasted.

The present leader of the opposition and his followers have proven that they have no integrity whatsoever, and cannot be trusted.

They have blatantly flouted any and all measures of control that they perceived would hinder their rape of the treasury.

The present Prime Minister has proven that he does not possess the intelligence to lead our country. The size and calibre of his Cabinet, and his obvious uneasiness in the company of anyone other than his closest party cohorts underline his shortcomings.

His latest response to the kidnappings and rising crime situation being the most recent of a long list of foolish utterances.

After the 18/18 result I thought, Ah! Here is a chance for the two leaders to work together for the good of our country.

But no, after the big grand charge by Mr Panday, that "anyone that breaks this agreement would pay the ultimate political price" his lack of integrity surfaced and the rest is history.

Then we had to tolerate Mr Manning for eight long months. With crime rising and the economy at a standstill he and his ministers continued acting as though they had won an election.

We are heading towards another election and the fanatical followers of the PNM and UNC will cast their vote regardless of any of the above considerations and our fate will lie in the hands of crooks, or mooks.

I am writing this as it is one of the ways that I can vent my frustrations and let the leaders of our country know there are a vast majority of us out there, that consider Trinidad and Tobago leaderless and hold the politicians directly responsible for the hate and violence that have taken over our society. God help us.

Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com