Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: African History Month - More Than a Celebratio

The only problem is that we as Africans of the Diaspora need to focus our attention more on the scientific, and poltical side of our history rather than the part that has been and continues to be grossly overestimated and exploited in the name of entertainment by our former oppressers and their followers. "The day of the Geechy has passed". It's time; now or never to become serious without dilusion of our wants, needs, and demands in the name of human rights, social equlity, social justice, and social fairness for the betterment of us in global society.

No group of people feel responsible for creating and/ or continuing the preseverance of social ills that plague us globally. With that being said, lets stop dancing and singing and start thinking and acting in ways tht will not be detrimental to ourselves. Singing and dancing has not gotten us anywhere as a group. The success of "Motown" hasn't done anything for me.

I'm not sayin that we should stop paying tribute to our ancestors, but rather I'm saying that we should pay tribute to their wholeness. They deserve a better tribute and anything less we should feel ashamed for not providing.

Once again, that is not a knock on your celebration.

Messages In This Thread

African History Month - More Than a Celebration...
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com