Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

The delusions of a Prime Minister

The on going behaviour of Prime Minister Patrick Manning suggests that he is driven by the ghost of Dr. Eric Williams. One must note that earlier in his career as Prime Minister, Mr.Manning referred to himself as the "Father" of the Nation. I suspect that he has not fully recovered as a result of what appeared to be a political "faux Pas" to the casual observer.

The truth of the matter from my perspective is that Mr. Manning wants to be remembered, and he will be. However, he has to remember that only one person can be the "first" and that belongs to Dr. Eric Williams.

In his continuing attempt to replace Dr. Williams as a household name he has embarked on an ill-advised journey bordering on questionable notoriety. In trying to leave a lasting impression on the Nation, he has more or less hung his hat on the premonition that by 2020 we will be transformed into a model society and realizing the short attention span of the masses he believes that irresponsible fiscal behaviour will do the trick.

To cover his rump he contemplates becoming a Religious Minister when he is no longer in office, realizing that Religious Ministers are seldom, if ever, criticized for their past sins.

Be it blimps that cannot fly, cementing the next generation of the nations poor into continuing abject poverty, and little or no regard for the ecological health of the Nation, while not discounting the embarassing verbage not befitting the office of Prime Minister among a littany of massive financial waste in a time of plenty, only adds to the legacy for which he will be remembered.

Mr. Manning. there is much that I can reflect on and you would be accurate in suggesting that they are merely my opinons. Undeniably, I would suggest that you are not the "Father" of our Nation.

Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com