Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Give Welch a cheque and you have him in the bag

Sadro: Give Welch a cheque and you have him in the bag

A SENATORIAL offer to Power 102 FM talk-show host Ricardo “Gladiator” Welch as a temporary United National Congress (UNC) senator has angered plain talk-show host and die-hard UNC supporter, Sadro Mohammed.

Sadro was also approached by the UNC to be a senator.

He was, however, angry at the offer to the Gladiator and did not keep it a secret during his show last June 7.

During the show on Sangeet 106.1FM, he even suggested: “I better support the Winston Dookeran faction,” as he vented his disappointment over news that Gladiator was approached by the UNC.

Sadro, in the recent UNC split, has publicly supported the faction led by Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar. He has often called for Dookeran to leave the party.

Sadro raised the Gladiator issue on his programme that evening and said he could not support any senatorial appointment of Gladiator in the UNC.

Sadro told his listeners that Gladiator referred to Indians as “walking vomit” and called for the huge Hanuman murti at Orange Field, Carapichaima to be broken down.

Many UNC supporters also called in to the show and vented disgust and disappointment at the idea of having Gladiator as a UNC senator.

During the show, Sadro tried feverishly to contact Persad-Bissessar for a comment but his attempts were futile.

The following day, Sadro covered the Dookeran-led faction cottage meeting at Union Village, Claxton Bay.

Many UNC supporters questioned whether he had jumped ship.

Sadro, however, explained to TnT Mirror: “The Dookeran faction paid for airtime to carry the meeting ‘live’ on 106.1FM and I had to cover it.

“I have not changed my mind about supporting Kamla.”

Sadro further noted that there are worthy, hard workers in the party to appoint in such positions.

“Gladiator has no regard for anyone; if the PNM gives him a cheque he would be back in their folds.

“I don’t think he is genuine and I believe genuine people should be given the position,” Sadro said.

The talk show host said he has nothing personal against Gladiator nor is he jealous of his competitor, who recently topped the radio talk shows survey.

Sadro said a person who could bring in votes for the party would be a better choice.

He admitted that he was approached for the position but said he did not accept it because he was not interested in the position.

http://www.tntmirror.com/friday/2006/jun16/story08.htm

Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com