Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Horrific Reality of Trinidad Politics

Was I the only one who looked at the newspapers just days ago in shock and disbelief at our former Prime Minister and President Mr. Arthur Napoleon Raymond Robinson standing up with outstretched hands worshipping with Pentecostal Pastor Benny?
Was I the only one who looked beyond the obvious to see the sinister and horrendous deeper meaning behind this very public spectacle?
Oh how quickly we as a people forget the sins of the past.....
Take your mind back to the infamous 18-18 election deadlock between the UNC and the PNM,… and when called upon to make a decision on the fate of the 1.3 million citizens of the republic, his decision was made, not on any constitutional reasoning or historical legal precedent but on MORAL AND SPIRITUAL VALUES.
Now, as we all know, the current PM, who was "selected" based on the before mentioned criteria is very openly, a supporter and practitioner of the Pentecostal faith.
This may be all well and good, but the obvious question now comes to mind. Was he selected BECAUSE of his Pentecostal leaning?
Was this why the HINDU leader of the UNC, the standing Prime Minister of the country Mr. Basdeo Panday not re-selected to continue to manage the affairs of the country?
Is this the depth to which we have descended, where the future of a nation is determined based on RELIGION? I mean lets call a spade a spade, Toufik "Benny" Hinn has on numerous occasions attacked the Hindu faith as being "Heathen" at best, and even going as far as calling it "Satanic"
Could have Mr. Robinson's decision been an easier one than we all imagined? Have I been fooled into believing that "here every creed and race find an equal place?", or has this country been "converted" while we all slept? Because I don’t remember waking up and reading in the newspapers that Trinidad was now a Christian country.
I shudder to think that THIS is the cause of our current reality.

Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com