Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

PM Manning said, more arrests coming

Prime Minister Patrick Manning said, "No politician has anything to do with (the investigations) at all."

"We put the mechanisms in place; we ensure that the administrative arrangements are proper; and we let those so authorised do the job of investigation, and at the appropriate time the independent DPP took his decision," he added.

"I don't know what leads they are on to. I do not know exactly what they are investigating... I really cannot say.

"What I do know is that we expect more arrests some time in the future because of the considerations that led up to the setting up of these arrangements in the first place," he revealed.

General secretary of the National Alliance for Reconstruction (NAR), Clyde Constantine, said yesterday his party was "very pleased" about the arrests made by the Anti-Corruption squad, and shared the view that the actions were not politically motivated.

"Those who have done wrong should be brought to justice and should pay the price," Constantine said.

"To say now that it is politically motivated is a very questionable kind of statement. The report, again I want to empahaise, emanated from action that was taken during the UNC government,"

Constantine continued: "We would want to see the action continued so that scourge which has plagued Trinidad and Tobago would be wiped out."

Messages In This Thread

Ish, ex-ministers among 6 charged with corruption
Four of the individuals charged
PM Manning said, more arrests coming
Cops to search Miami bank records
It should be politically motivated!
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com