Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: So that we should know
In Response To: So that we should know ()

I am also impressed with Ms. Edwards essays but I would like to also suggest that Ms. Edwards write about her concerns to her congressional representative. Specifically, representatives from the Congressional Black Caucus. Most have buried their navel strings with the Democrats, despite the fact that most of that parties issues no longer correspond to the issues of African-Americans. As Chris Rock says voting along party lines inspite of discord on the issues, is simply ignorant. As long as African-American voters remain silent this pattern will continue. They voted in support of the war on Iraq when most African-Americans do no support the war. They are now up in arms about the situation at Abu Ghraib. Calling for Rumsfeld's resignation because it suits the Democrat's political agenda. All the while African-Americans and Africans continue to suffer at the hands of both the antagonist and protagonist of this latest theatre of war.
The last time I remember the Black Caucus having an impact on an African issue was during Apartheid. How I miss Mr. Walter Fountroy.

Messages In This Thread

So that we should know
Re: So that we should know
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com