Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: Brian Lara Airport
In Response To: Brian Lara Airport ()

Thats rediculous. I have never seen Michael Jackson Airport. I have never seen Oprah Winfrey International Airport. Tell me, has anyone ever heard of Bealtles International in Liverpool? If Brian Lara is what Trinidad wants to be known for, then I guess Trinidad is in a worst off situation than I thought. I could see a political leader of sorts, but a mere Cricket player? Piarco no matter the size of the community is where the Airport is located. I guess next you will suggest that the small agricultural village of Piarco be named after Brian Lara as well. Get a grip. He is only an athelete in a sport that is not all that lucrative.

I believe that there are more important issues at hand than the romancing of Brian Lara in Trinidad& Tobago. If he were to be solely responsible for improving the economy, lowering the murder rate, erradicating crimes against children and women then maybe he would be worthy of having the airport being named after him. Maybe if he even spoke out against the ills of society that are killing his fellow Trini, then maybe he would be worthy. When he shows that he cares for the community and people of Trinidad, then maybe thats when the community should put him on the level of a President or Prime Minister. No disrespect to Lara, but he is only an athelete.

Messages In This Thread

Brian Lara Airport
Re: Brian Lara Airport
Re: Brian Lara Airport *NM*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com