Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Brian Lara Airport

Piarco, as far as I know is a small agricultural village that has little bearing on the economy of Trinidad. As a result I have often wondered why the airport bears its name and not one of the icons of the society. At times I have thought of the rebel in Tubal Uriah Butler, the organization skills of Captain Cipriani, the political wisdom of Dr Eric Williams amidst the genious of our sportsmen and women like Jean Pierre, Hasely Crawford etc. Now I wonder more than ever and I agree with Dr. Kwame Nantambu that it is befitting the name of that genius of a cricketer Brian Charles Lara. Just examine most of the international airports in the world and you would notice that they carry the name of that society best. So I would like to join the call for the same for Lara. Of course some of the cynics would say that the airport is mired in controversy, with the big six already facing charges and others impending, but lo and behold the airport in the end is still going to be there, corruption or not. I am sure that even Mister Panday who built the controversial edifice would agree to it carrying the name of the super cricketer and his golf mate. So come on let us bestow this honour on him so that next time someone of Mandela's stature would feeel as if he had already met the great one from the time he touches down. Over to you Mr. Manning.

Messages In This Thread

Brian Lara Airport
Re: Brian Lara Airport
Re: Brian Lara Airport *NM*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com