Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Curious about African-American life? *LINK*

The following website provides a view of African-Americans seldom covered be the mainstream American media. As a subscriber to the Black Enterprise magazine for many years I have first hand knowledge of how un/mis-informed most people, including white America are about the accomplishments and achievements of regular black folk. I had my magazine opened on my desk during lunch one day, when my white senior accountant came through my office to ask a question. The magazine was opened to an article about black business owners in the 1800's. My co-worker could not contain his amazement. He had no knowledge of black entrepreneurship occuring that early in U.S. history. The article which included pictures proved an eye opener for him. That incident occured almost fifteen years ago. The magazine's publishers, keeping up with current technology now have a website http://www.blackenterprise.com
I invite the curious to have a peek at African-Americans outside of Hollywood, America's Professional Sports ranks and definitely off welfare and drugs. My purpose is not to change the minds of the bigots but to edify those with a legitimate curiosity.

Messages In This Thread

Curious about African-American life? *LINK*
Re: Curious about African-American life? *LINK*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com