Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Second Language

It seems obvious to me that Hindi Should Be Trinidads Second Language rather than Spanish. There are more Hindi speakers than Spanish in T-N-T. I understand with Trinidads proximity to South America how one would come to the onclusion that Spanish should be second, but the government should be looking at unifying Trinidad. They should also be thinking 12 steps ahead. With more Hindi Speakers and the investment being poured into both Trinidad and India by the U.S., The two Island nation has a chance to create a love triangle for "economic stability". Americans may be furious about losing jobs to India because of outsourcing, but they love their gas cheap. Many Trini's are unemployed, but at the same time even though learning Hindi will not erradicate this problem per say, it may open up the high tech industry from India to T-N-T. Language is important and being able to communicate with one another is relevant to each countries place in the Global Market. I hope the proper officials will re-evaluate where they are trying to lead the Two Island nation. I don't see what T-N-T expects to gain from making Spanish the second Language.

Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com