Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: JAIL THEM ALL
In Response To: Re: JAIL THEM ALL ()

We are not talking about being grateful or not (I wonder if you really understand that concept anyhow.) But it is you who were trying to sell Basdeo Panday as the best thing to happen to Trinidad since sada roti. I am simply telling you that your recollection of past and present events is warped.

About the TV and Radio shows: it is the Indian cultural community that had the best opportunity to help address cultural fears that fuels racism and their best opportunities have been squandered. Lets hope they correct this. To add insult to the neglect of the PNM, under Basdeo Panday's regime there was more censuring of views opposed to the UNC government than what took place during any other regime. The entire state media was reduced from financial profitability to broken, all in the attempts to use the state media as UNC's propaganda media.

They went so far as to intimidate other media houses that aired views different to those of the UNC.

If people today are distrustful of the UNC, they have valid reasons.

Repeating that we must return to the polls is empty rhetoric, as we all know we will return to the polls sooner or later.

By the way, even Basdeo Panday knows that the appropriate word is African and not “negro”. I guess given your feelings you ‘may’ want to insult others or is this another case of cultural misunderstandings.

Messages In This Thread

JAIL THEM ALL
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com