Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: JAIL THEM ALL
In Response To: Re: JAIL THEM ALL ()

“Do you remember who were doing most of the protests against the PNM? ”

Sorry to disappoint you sir, but it was mostly Africans involved in public protest against the PNM. They did this without considering race. Very few Africans in Trinidad understand how race plays alongside politics and I hope you can remember PNM was always antagonistic to people who lobbied for African culture. As a matter of fact they encouraged East Indian programs in the state media and even allocated an entire radio station for East Indian culture. They never did the same or similar for the African community. (I hope you do not now tell me that calypso and Steelpan are what constitutes African culture.)

Certainly many Africans in Trinidad are distrustful of Indians and this has little to do with race but more so a lack of understanding of what is Indian culture and religious practices. I beg to add if people do not understand something they should be distrustful of it.

It was rather interesting how your racial insecurities/fears came out boldly in your contribution. But I understand...

Messages In This Thread

JAIL THEM ALL
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com