Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Just couldn't let you get away with that!!

****Just thought I'd save you the bother****

What The Public Generally Believes

· AIDS is a disease arising from an infection from the virus known as HIV.

· The virus is spread in humans either through promiscuous, unprotected homosexual sex, through sexual contact with an HIV-infected member of the opposite sex, through the sharing of intravenous drug users’ contaminated needles or through contaminated blood supplies.

· Pregnant women who test positive can pass the virus on to their unborn child.

· HIV can also be transmitted to the baby outside of the womb through breast-feeding.

· The AIDS test is a simple and accurate method of detecting HIV.

· In the West, HIV infection is spreading among women and heterosexual men and is increasing exponentially every year.

· Drugs are available to treat AIDS patients but they are very expensive. A new range of anti-HIV drugs, the ‘protease inhibitors’, are now believed to be more effective.

· AIDS is devastating the Third World.

· There is currently no cure for AIDS.

The Facts

· AZT, ddI, ddC, protease inhibitors and other drugs termed “antiretrovirals” have not been found in any controlled studies to show proven clinical benefits for HIV/AIDS patients.

· The only studies published that claim positive outcome were short-term and did not have statistically significant results.

· There is plenty of evidence that these drugs have been found to cause the very symptoms they are meant to cure.

· Over 500 MDs and/or PhDs have signed a statement calling for a reappraisal of the causes of AIDS, and are questioning whether the symptoms are being caused by HIV.

The ‘Serious’ Issue

Another fact that raises serious questions about the possibility of HIV causing disease is the fact that even after some $45 billion dollars of research funds, scientists cannot figure out how it supposedly destroy T-cells. This is because it does not destroy T-cells in test tubes and has never been shown to destroy them in humans either.

At a conference in 1997, as reported in the journal, Science, this fact was made very clear as the theories espoused by David Ho et al. were revealed to have serious flaws. As stated in the Science article “Yet the central; mystery of AIDS remains unresolved: How does the virus cause the severe loss of T-cells … which is the hallmark of the disease?”

An immunologist from Harvard Medical School, as quoted in the same article, summed up the problem as follows: “We are still very confused about the mechanisms that lead to T-cell depletion, but at least now we are confused at a higher level of understanding”. A simpler explanation of these problems, especially after $45 billion, is that HIV does not affect T-cells, at all.

Based partly on this evidence, a compelling argument can be made that much of what we call AIDS is a self-fulfilling prophecy which might happen as follows:

The severe, acute psychological stress of being diagnosed “HIV-positive” is quickly transformed into a severe, chronic psychological stress of living with a prediction of a horrifying decline that could start at any time. This causes a dangerous suppression of the immune system.

This immunosuppressive effect of chronic psychological stress is well documented in scientific studies and is also a common part of most people’s personal experience. In addition, people are more likely to be tested for HIV when there is already some health problem present, so that the psychological stress adds to significant stress due to the illness already present.

These illnesses are often severe and chronic in nature. It is not necessary, however, for prior illness to be present. These factors have been studied in healthy people where they create the very same immunosuppression and immune deregulation that may later be called “AIDS”. Once tested, people are often put on long-term and high doses of the most potent broad-spectrum antibiotics, if not antiretrovirals also, as a preventative measure and/or treatment for illnesses.

These antibiotics often have debilitating side effects which are easily blamed on HIV, including immune suppression. Perhaps more significantly, they lead to a complete disruption of our normal microbial flora. The healthy balance of flora in our gastrointestinal tract and elsewhere is one of our most important protectors against infection.

On top of all this, these antibiotics also often lead to the development of multidrug-resistant strains of bacteria, fungi, and viruses. Once the immune system starts to crack under the strain of the emotional stress, previous health problems (if there were any), and disrupted natural defenses, the diagnosis of AIDS is made.

The person is started on the “antiretrovirals”, if not already on them, whose toxic effects are described above. More and more people are being placed on these drugs when they are still healthy and have not been diagnosed with “AIDS”. The new “cocktails” are to be given until the patient dies, with no exceptions, if possible. This is because of the theory that mutant, drug resistant, HIV will flourish if they go off their treatment.

Patients who abandon “antiretroviral” treatment would then, theoretically, be a public health threat because they might infect others with their “mutated HIV”. Thus, aside from considering their own health, the patient has a larger social responsibility to stay on the “cocktail”.

No matter how debilitating the “side effects”, it is heavily stressed that the patient must not miss a single dose. When the patient’s health begins to fail, the failure is blamed on the effects of this “mutated HIV”, possibly due to the patient’s “poor compliance”. Rarely are the drug toxicities and complications caused by the treatment held responsible.

The idea that mutated strains of HIV are capable of causing health problems has been completely disproved by the work of David Rasnick, who published his results in the Journal of Biological Chemistry. Thus, the decline seen in most patients is NOT due to “mutated HIV”. A much more simple answer is that the effects described above finally take over completely, and often irrevocably.

References:

1) Lancet; 1998: Volume 352; Supplement 5.

2) These studies of T-cell damage are part of a comprehensive discussion of the extreme toxicity of these drugs. Pharmacology and Therapeutics 1992; Volume 55: 201-277.

3) Annals of Hematology 1994; Volume 69: 135-138.

4) New England Journal of Medicine. 1990; 322(16): 1098-1105.

5) Neurology. 1994; Volume 44: 1892-1900.

6) Science. November 21, 1997; 278: 1399-1400.

7) Ader R, Felten DL & Cohen N. Psychoneuroimmunology. Second Edition. San Diego: Academic Press, 1991.

8) Kolliadin V. , DESTRUCTION OF NORMAL RESIDENT MICROFLORA AS THE MAIN CAUSE OF AIDS, Aug. 1996.
http://www.virusmyth.com/aids/data/vkmicro.htm

9) New England Journal of Medicine 1992; 326: 437-443.

****Way out of your league now huh?****

In all seriousness, and to put all qualms and insults aside, I really and truly hope that you've learnt something about this major issue and the reality of boondoggle-type agency agendas as a whole. To add, I sincerely hope that you at least learn to pause before you reply to any post containig critically important and well researched material, especially when you hold the blade - it could help in avoiding very embarrassing and regrettable situations for both parties.

Messages In This Thread

My heart bleeds for my T&T.
Re: My heart bleeds for my T&T.
Just couldn't let you get away with that!!
Re: Just couldn't let you get away with that!!
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com