Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: Down with the Sell-Outs
In Response To: Down with the Sell-Outs ()

You have made some valid points, but I think it you who are colonised and confused. You probably don'y even understand why you are so angry. At any rate, I don't see how my adopting some African name, language and other tools of African cultural identification is going to help me or us as Western World Africans in our cause to reach equality across the board. We are not deprived because Europe does not recognise us as African. I believe it's the opposite. However, I'm not preaching seperatism from Africa either. You have to acknowlegde that what we have as Western Africans is something different culturely is dirrivative of Europe as well. Thus how do you seperate any of it. Who are you to say what is black Ideology? I'm saying since something new was started long before we were born, we should make the best of what we have and move on. Pick up the pieces. Thats not the same as abandoniing African Roots. It's using what I have to obtain more. I speak English, what continent does that come from. I live in the U.S., who started that country? My father was Trini, but he didn't speak an African language or practice (from what I know) any particular African culture. So where is this dawning African robes, speaking swahili, or Knowing that Ghana means Gold going to solve for our fight. You would rather fight your brother than face what you deem as your enemy. What kind of fake,African leader are you. That seems more like a coward to me. Just like all of the other failed African leaders that would rather try to exploit their own to make others think highly about themselves. More, you would ratherinsult my ideology when you side with someone that you've argued against many times before. When you and yyour followers are communicating by clicking sounds, running around Trinidad half naked with spears in your hand talking about how someone owes you something, I'll be leading a real movement for Africans attacking the issues that count in today's world regardles of language and whatever symbolic forms you used to identify yourself. I know myself. I don't think you can say the same for you.

Messages In This Thread

Down with the Sell-Outs
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com