Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re:"Death By Stoning" -In answer to your questions
In Response To: "Death By Stoning." ()

Observer,

God did not sanction violence against females. Humans choose wrong sometimes, and we are responsible for our actions, and must be held accountable for them. According to Exodus 20, Deuteronomy 22:22, etc., both the male and the female are punished for adultery. Then in John 8, the Pharisees brought a woman accused of adultery to Jesus and said "In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women"(v5), and Jesus not only defends her, and speaks to her, and tells her that He does not condemn her, but also says, "Go now and leave your life of sin"(v11). He empowers her to live a free life.

He did not sanction racism either. In Romans, all are condemned, and all are saved by grace, in the form of God's Son, Jesus Christ, dying on the Cross. Romans 11 speaks of God's people, Israel, and of how the Gentiles are also grafted in to the body of Christ, and neither should be arrogant because none of them are saved by their identity or their works, but by faith in God, and by His grace.

There is also the classic, Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

In the Old Testament, look to Genesis 16, where an Egyptian (the greatest adversaries of the Jews) bears a son to Abraham, the Father of the Jews; is saved by God; NAMES GOD (v13); and receives blessing from God by the multiplying of her descendants. Why is this in the Pentateuch, most greatly revered Scriptures of Jews? Because God is saying, "I don't care what problems you have had with each other, you are all my people, and my creations."

So Who is this God? A God of Power and Judgement, and also a God of Grace and Forgiveness. A God of LOVE - even though love sometimes requires discipline (Proverbs 3:12). Sometimes these things seem contradictory, but a God I can explain is hardly any bigger or better than I am. Faith must still be faith.

All "Christians" read the same Bible, yes, but not all are faithful. Especially in America, where I am, a lot of people take the name "Christian," but few live by that name. Those who TRULY see the Light, see the same Light. Even then, God - Jehovah, Jesus Christ - has an adversary, who is constantly at work to confuse and destroy God's good works.

Looking back at Romans 11, verse 5 says, "In the same way, then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God's gracious choice."

There are a lot of people who are hypocrites. There are a lot of people who do things in the name of Christ, but who do not consider who Christ is, or what He would actually do. Those people did not die for you and me. Those people did not make the sacrifice.

Jesus Christ did come into this world and die on a Cross to save the world. He died to save those who would believe.

Messages In This Thread

"Death By Stoning."
and your point is...?
"Death by Stoning"
Re: "Death by Stoning"
Re: "Death by Stoning"
Re: "Death By Stoning."
The Hindu Civilization
Re: The Hindu Civilization
Return to African Religion
Re: Return to African Religion
Two Heads "Chopped off" to Defend GOD
"Who Sanctioned That"
Death By Stoning
Spirituality and Early Humans
Re: Spirituality and Early Humans
The Origin of Human Sacrifice ( ???)
Re: The Origin of Human Sacrifice ( ???)
Re: Spirituality and Early Humans
Re:"Death By Stoning" -In answer to your questions
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com