Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

We devalued the dollar and now we devalue life.

During my pre-teen years, I vividly remember going to the movies, Rialto and Roxy to be exact and on numerous occasions leaving with a sense of fullfilment having howled with laughter at the characters whose antics portrayed Africans and Indians as buffoons in roles of subserviency, at the behest of their Master. It was much later in life that I realized that I was laughing at myself.

A half century later with the responsibility of Independence on our shoulders, I sense that not much has changed as we now view life. Having politicized Crime, we have embarked on a journey to completely devalue life. We have more Religious organizations than a Pelau has peas.And they have been defrocked. Where there was once a whisper, it has been replaced with a whimper, so much for moral authority.

The two major antagonists in the political arena have contributed enormously to a growing perception that it is "them vs us" and that mentality shared by those who are so inclined, contributes to the void in issues of internal National interests that continue to be unsuccessfully addressed.

URP, NHA, CEPEP, and HYPE have become entitlements and have failed miserably to help in the creation of a simple component that would enhance our National Moral Character. And then there is the sloganeering approach to fighting Crime. I find it insulting to repeat them.

We have become copycats, adept at embracing "filth" and we cite "Freedom and Rights" to legitimize our indiscretions, how sad. There are those who would argue successfully, I might add; that it is only a tiny segment of our society that is causing this social upheaval. However, the inability of our protective services to adequately address this growing phenomenon is frightening. Our Government appears to be berift of Ideas worthy of consideration, while the criminals feed on that ineptness. We may yet have to privatize the protective services. When Governments fail, private citizens become the only alternative.Every day someone dies or is injured needlessly as a result of a Government that protects it's officials while leaving the masses at risk. Only in T&T.

Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com