Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: Black Jibberish
In Response To: Black Jibberish ()

I have no problem with any ethnicity erecting statues or using any other method of expression to show their appreciation and admiration for their ethnic ancestors.
I do have a problem understanding why whenever it is an African advocating the contributions of his ethnic ancestors other ethnicities seem to have a problem with it.
Before history was whitewashed, ancient historians like Herodotus, the father of history, left no doubt about the contributions of Africans and the resultant effect of their culture on every other civilization. The Egypt in Herodotus’ time was an acknowledged outcrop of Ethiopia aka Nubia, and they were still predominantly black with nutty hair; as were the Colchians, living in the heart of what is now Eastern Europe. Even now Egypt is still located within the African continent although, considered part of the Middle East. So why is it so hard for the “Vile Asiatics” and the cave dwellers of Europe to acknowledge that Ethiopia, Egypt, Nubia aka Ethiopia, Mali, Ghana, Songhai, were civilizations that developed independent of any Asian or Caucasian influence; because like Frantz Fanon acknowledges in his “Wretched of the Earth” the psychological backlash would be tremendous. The justification for slavery was predicated on the inhumanness of the slave, how can the enslavers now acknowledge that these wretched souls were the architects of civilizations past. What then becomes of their highbrow Judaic, Islamic, Christian, and Hindu doctrine? All of which have their roots in Egyptian mythology as chronicled by Gerald H. Massey, nineteenth century agnostic evolutionist.
As an Afro-Trinidadian American, (labels, labels, labels,) I consider myself, Trinidadian first before African because we possess a unique perspective. We probably were the only truly integrated cosmopolitan society until politicians in the example of their American counterpart began using ethnicity for political leverage. No where in this great American “melting pot” will you find orthodox, practicing Hindu, Muslim and Judeo-Christians, Afro, Indo and Albino living freely in the same community, on the same street even; attending the same schools and participating in the same recreational activities. All these cultures exist separate from each other in Continental America and in order to integrate must deny their ancestral heritage less they provoke contempt. As a child I celebrated Divali, Eid, Christmas and Easter with many of my non-Christian, non-Afro friends. I for one am saddened by what we have become because we gave up a vanguard opportunity and instead settled for the status quo. As history continues to repeat itself, keep in mind that there is no acknowledged indigenous American culture without a solely or partially acknowledged African-American contribution.

Messages In This Thread

3 Million Dollar Monkey!!!
Re: 3 Million Dollar Monkey!!!
Black Jibberish
Ignorance
Correction
Re: Black Jibberish
African Contributions
Re: African Contributions
Nations Rise and Nations Fall !!!
Re: Nations Rise and Nations Fall !!!
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com