Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: First, we must reform our minds

Mr. Shah's observations are refreshing.

It is ludicrous for anyone to suggest complete constitutional reform all at once, let alone to make such an exercise a condition precedent to the running of the country. For some inexplicable reason, too many people, who are otherwise intelligent, become sycophants of the self-aggrandizing who profess to seek the good of the people.

I continue to belabor the point that the Constitution be changed to provide for fixed general election dates thereby eliminating the perennial bickering and campaigning with little time left for governance. As a result of the 18/18 fiasco, I also suggested a Constitution amendment to increase the number of Electoral Districts to 37 and offered an opinion as to how that could be accomplished without gerrymandering. It is passing strange that no one seems to have taken up the gauntlet. I reiterate my caveat that changes be undertaken in stages based on priorities because, as you correctly point out, it would be difficult to obtain consensus on what Sections need to be changed and what the amendments should be.

I agree wholeheartedly that attitude adjustment is necessary. Hopefully, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Messages In This Thread

First, we must reform our minds
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com