Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

'Fly by night' schools

I would like to draw to the attention of the reading public an experience I've had quite reciently.

I am an A-level student registered to do exams in June of this year. Until reciently I was attached to a school situated at Mollers Plaza on the Eastern Main Road in Tunapuna. The Administrator of this school, Mr. Mc Donald has been going about the business of education for some time now, however he was late in informing students of deadlines for regestering for exam...thus causing students to pay late fees in excess of $100.00.

Mr. Mc Donald's Secretary called me at 8pm one night to tell me that the class I was supposed to have in Tunapuna the next day will not be held there but in Arima from now on, and if I could not work with this move I would be refunded. This phone call came two weeks after my paying fees totaling $900.00 for the term. I then found another location for me to continue my coures of studies and required the refund to pay the first part of their fees.

Following which I have made numerous attempts to arrange for my refund. He stated that I would receive it in one week, then at the end of the term then at the end of the month. Finally he calls informing of a date and time to collect. Upon arrival at his location on St Joseph Street, Arima he leaves stating that he'd be back now. I indicated to him that I was in a hurry and he said OK. I waited an hour and a half before he returned...at this time he was still hesitant to refund me. After much ado...he finally paid me.

Students, PLEASE - before registering with these 'fly by night' schools, check them out, ask questions....

1. Where do you register for exams?
2. What was your Pass rates and grade like?

and ask for proof.
3. Who is the lectures and what is is qualification?
4. Is the lecturer regestered to teach with the Min. of Education.
5. Check out the School's Administrator
6. Ask for a copy of the Sylabus?

These criminals do not care about you, they are only in this for the money - it is a business to them....IT IS YOUR FUTURE.... It is in your interest to check them out...

Aggrovated Ex-Student

Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com